Saturday, July 9, 2011

Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death;Stock Photo






Josh Hamilton Stock Photo -One day after being part of the tragic accident that resulted in Shannon Stone's death, Texas Rangers star Josh Hamilton(notes) returned to work with a heavy heart.

The All-Star left fielder said he watched "in slow motion" as the 39-year-old Stone fell nearly 20 feet after Hamilton routinely tossed him a ball in the left-field stands during the second inning of Thursday's game. Here's Hamilton's recounting of the incident (full transcript):

"The first [foul] ball I got I threw it to the ball girl. Before Hamilton spoke with the media, Rangers team president Nolan Ryan said that grief counseling would be made available to all players plus the emergency responders at Rangers Ballpark. Hamilton says he plans on reaching out to the family and helping them when the time is right.
 The death was witnessed by his 6-year-old son Cooper.  On playing today? I'm going to play. I talked with Wash. I talked with Gary Pettis about if I feel like I need some time, can I take some time. "Absolutely. I can't imagine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...